Most people may already know that the teeth’s surface is considered as the strongest substance in the body, even stronger than the bones. However, they are the only part of the body that cannot repair themselves. Knowing these interesting facts can make anyone think of how amazing and mysterious the teeth are. Even parents may want to know some useful information for the sake of their little one’s teeth. Craving for more facts? Here is a list we at Marbella Dentistry prepared! Continue reading below!
- Ever noticed that children’s primary teeth have many spaces in between? That is because they are naturally smaller than the permanent teeth.
- The cliche ‘Ladies First’ also applies to the development of the teeth. Compared to males, females tend to grow their teeth first.
- The teeth play a vital role in the development of the child’s speech.
- It is possible for children to develop cavities due to the milk bottle that are left in their mouth when sleeping. These formations are referred to as ‘nursing caries’ which are usually experienced by kids aged one to two.
- Believe it or not, tooth decay is one of the most common diseases experienced by many which is only second to the common cold.
- Every child will have a total of 20 baby teeth at the age of two and a half.
- There is no need for parents to be alarmed if their children start to lose teeth in a random sequence for it is just normal.
- As already mentioned above, the teeth are the only ones that are not capable of self-healing, and that is because of the enamel which is a nonliving tissue.
- It usually takes at least six months for children’s teeth to start erupting.
- Believe it or not, the teeth forms underneath the gums even before the child is born!
- Just like fingerprints, each person has unique bite patterns.
- The reason why it is best to limit children’s consumption of sugary treats is the possible production of lactic acid which can cause the enamel to dissolve.
Although the primary teeth are supposed to be lost after some time, parents should know that this does not give them the reason to neglect oral health care. The teeth are essential to anyone at any age, but most especially to children since these structures help with their growth and development.
We at Marbella Dentistry are always ready to assist every parent in caring for their children’s oral health. To make this possible, book an appointment for Children’s Dentistry in Cibolo, TX!